Restricted area accessible to the enoa partners only.
Blank Out ©
with Michel van der Aa
13 - 18 July 2019
Under the supervision of the composer Michel van der Aa, for the occasion of the new version of his show, Blank Out, at Festival d’Aix 2019, the Opera & New technologies workshop takes the format of reflection and discussion on the use of new technologies in the creation of opera.
This workshop proposes to define the potential of new technologies in the field of musical and theatrical creation: from the tool used to roll out an idea, to the essential and constitutive element of the narrative.
The workshop will be broken up with meetings, visits and shows.
This workshop is for opera creators (composers, set designers, stage directors, lighting designers, sound engineers, costume designers) and artists from the multimedia arts... who are less than 40-years-old on 1st January 2019.
- the artist must be connected to one of the 13 enoa member institutions*
- the artist must contact his/her sending institution, which decides if they recommend his/her application
- the artist must fill in the online form on the Academie du Festival d'Aix's website
- the hosting institution confirms the list of participants in February 2019
- the network assumes the responsibility for the training fees, the costs of accommodation and travel
- per-diem are paid or not according to each institution’s internal rules
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to their personal situation.
*artists not connected to the network yet can also apply to this specific workshop, further details on the Académie du Festival d'Aix's website.
Subscription's deadline: 1st November 2018
• CV (in English) and photo
• Covering letter in English answering the following questions:
- How do you use multimedia in creating?
- What prospects do you see for multimedia in the creation of live performance and what is the interest of multimedia in live performance?
- What do you expect from a multimedia workshop during the Festival d’Aix?
• Any items already produced that could help assess your work (score, booklet, mock-up , video, etc.) via SoundCloud, YouTube, Dropbox (please check the links remain valid until 2019, January 31st).