Restricted area accessible to the enoa partners only.
with Bruno Franceschini & Anne Richter
15 - 19 November 2021
The workshop aims to throw a spotlight on theatre for toddlers as art, as well as reflecting on its quality. It offers opportunities to discuss and experience the artistic quality of music theatre for toddlers and reflect on ways of developing its aesthetic means.
A heterogeneous group of artists will experience performing for and with toddlers. We will practice basic works for the very young audience that will always interact and take every sound and movement serious. We will meet our audience twice during the week and experience the personal interaction. At the end of the week we present little shows to toddlers and their parent.
Accompanying the practical work, we will give theoretical background on performing arts for toddlers, meet experienced artists in that field and (hopefully) share a performance of the theatre Schauburg with the very young audience.
The artist will get to know and experience basic skills in performing for a very young audience, always connected to the own instrument and work. They will experience that a young audience is different but also fully able to experience art.
Mentors of the workshop:
Bruno Franceschini is a director, author, composer and musician since 2001. Since 2010 he specialized in music theatre and participatory performances for young audiences and toddlers. Since 2017 he also teaches at the music department of the University Kassel, specialized in sound studies, performing arts and experimental music projects. He was born in Rome (Italy) and lives with his family in Munich (Germany).
Anne Richter is deputy director and dramaturg of Schauburg, Theatre for Young Audience in Munich. She has developed plays and performances for children from age 6 month up to teenagers. For 15 years working for toddlers has become part of her artistic profile.
Date: From November 15th to 19th 2021
Place: Theaterakademie August Everding, Prinzregentenplatz 12, 81675 Munich / Schauburg München, Franz-Joseph-Straße 47, 80801 Munich
- the artist must be connected to one of the 12 enoa member institutions
- the artist must contact her sending institution, which decides if they recommend her application
- the hosting institution confirms the list of participants after the registration deadline (notification of acceptance on October 5th max)
- the network assumes the responsibility for the training fees, the costs of accommodation and travel
• a resume or a CV to present your artistic work and yourself (video or written)
• a video or a letter explaining: What do you expect from the workshop and from the experience of creating for and interacting with toddlers as an audience?
> Previous experience with young audiences are welcome but not mandatory for applicants
> No age limit for applicants
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to their personal situation.
The enoa network is actively seeking to support artists currently under-represented in the opera world for historical, cultural or social reasons.
Number of participants: 16
- 6 positions reserved to participants to be sent by enoa members
- 8 positions reserved to participants of the Theaterakademie
- 2 positions reserved to participants selected by Schauburg München
Willingness and curiosity to interact with toddlers as an audience. Previous experience with toddlers is not necessary (but welcome). Strong interest in experimenting with sounds, vocals, voice, situations and creating music theatre as a performance without narration, language or by telling a story.
As we are looking for mixed and diverse teams to create together, we are especially looking for a variety of different artists coming from different backgrounds, professions and artistic disciplines.
If there is something to prepare we will send you information and material in advance.