Restricted area accessible to the enoa partners only.
Monday 12th February 2018
The Royal Danish Theatre are looking for an experienced repetiteur/vocal coach for The Royal Danish Opera.
The position involves:
- Leading solo coaching and ensemble rehearsals from the piano.
- Preparing roles with singers and actively coaching them musically, linguistically and technically.
- Accompanying music and staging rehearsals with conductor and/or stage director.
- Playing recitatives on harpsichord, hammerklavier or piano in performances, and orchestral keyboard instruments in opera and concert performances of the Royal Danish Orchestra.
- Accompanying opera and orchestral auditions.
- Playing occasional performances of touring productions, outreach projects and concerts.
- Exceptional and advanced pianistic and sight-reading skills.
- An already developed and extensive opera repertoire, with knowledge of vocal and instrumental styles, schools and practices. Special knowledge of baroque and other early music will be an asset, but is not essential.
- Substantial experience in coaching singers musically, linguistically and technically in professional houses.
- Knowledge of German, Italian, French and English.
- Knowledge and experience of conducting will be a definite asset.