Restricted area accessible to the enoa partners only.
© Musacchio & Ianniello
with Antonio Pappano, Pamela Bullock & Julia Faulkner
09 - 16 June 2019
Music Director of the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden & Orchestra dell’Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia, Antonio Pappano is one of today’s most sought-after conductors, who, as a pianist also partners singers such as Joyce DiDonato, Gerald Finley, Nina Stemme, Plácido Domingo, Anna Netrebko and Jonas Kaufmann. For this course he joins forces with acclaimed coach Pamela Bullock to explore operatic repertoire in-depth with 12 singers and 6 répétiteurs.
During the course itself, singers will bring at least 5 arias of their choice in French, German, or Italian, one of which should be Mozart aria with recitative.
Additionally, répétiteurs are asked to prepare the score of Puccini’s La Bohème, which will be worked on in daily sessions for all pianists.
Phenomenal voice teacher Julia Faulkner joins us again to support the singers in 1:1 voice lessons throughout the course. Her list of students reads like the who’s who of today’s leading opera houses and the impact of her supportive and thoughtful teaching is sensational.
Please note that the application deadline is 5th November 2018.
- the artist must be connected to one of the 13 enoa member institutions*
- the artist must contact his/her sending institution, which decides if they recommend his/her application
- the artist must fill in the online form on the Britten Pears Young Artist Programme's website**
- the hosting institution confirms the list of participants
- the network assumes the responsibility for the training fees, the costs of accommodation and travel
- per-diem are paid or not according to each institution’s internal rules
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to their personal situation.
*artists not connected to the network can also apply to Snape Malting's workshops, further details on their website.
** applicants supported by enoa institutions don't have to pay the application fees. In order to avoid paying the fees, please contact your enoa institution to ask for a recommendation.
- Applications from singers (any voice type) and pianists who consider themselves emerging répétiteurs are accepted.
- Both members of a vocal & piano duo should make separate applications.
Public Performances: public masterclasses 10 – 12, 14 & 15 June 2.30pm – 5.30pm Recital Room.
Final Recital on Sunday 16th June. All public events are part of the Aldeburgh Festival
Quota: at minimum 2 singers and 1 pianists sent by enoa institutions
Arrival date: June 10th, 2019
Departure date: June 16th, 2019
Location: Snape Maltings, Aldeburgh
Application deadline: 5th November, 2018
1. Up-to-date CV detailing your education and performance experience
2. Scan of the photo page of your passport or ID card
3. Live or unedited audition video max. 12 minutes, which must include:
> A brief introduction (max. 2 mins) outlining why you are applying
> 2 or 3 contrasting songs or arias, which should reflect the course(s) you are applying to
Tessitura: all types