Restricted area accessible to the enoa partners only.
Conference 'Learning for the Future' | 21 – 23 May 2020
The Theaterakademie August Everding is looking for artistic contributions to be performed during the 'Learning for the Future' conference / 'Zukunftskonferenz'.
What is the "Zukunftskonferenz"?
What will theater look like in 2030? The effects from social and political developments don't spare even theater – and it should react. So what will the future of theater be like and how will education have to be adapted for this kind of theater? What questions, challenges and visions will open up for the performing arts? How can the next generation of artists empower themselves to shape their own future?
The conference wants to reflect upon the future of theater and upon the education for theater. Together, students and teachers from Europe, as well as performers and experts from different disciplines, are going to share their knowledge and examine possible futures within laboratory formats.
Who can apply?
Young artists who are related to a member institution of the european network of opera academies (enoa) can apply with artistic contributions that thematically or aesthetically deal with current questions. The main topics of the conference are internationality, diversity, gender, inclusion and digitisation.
If your contribution is chosen, we will invite you to be our guest for the whole conference. We will cover the travel expenses, accommodation costs and on-site catering.
What to submit?
• Artistic contributions of all disciplines: performative interventions, installations, musical theatre performances, choreographic works, lectures etc. The works can either be specially developed projects for the conference or be parts of existing works.
• All contributions should be suitable for the international orientation of the conference.
• You can apply as a group with up to four participants.
• The projects should be no longer than 15 minutes.
• The effort in terms of equipment should be kept minimal and the contributions should be flexible to allow for performances in different environments.
How to apply?
Deadline: 14 March 2020
Selection process until 30 March 2020