Restricted area accessible to the enoa partners only.
© Julien Benhamou
art of recital cycle
with Stéphane Degout
12 - 14 April 2019
Giving pride of place to the repertoire of French melodies, this residency is intended for six already existing duos (singers and pianists) who wish to pursue their musical, poetic and aesthetic explorations while developing a sense of listening and sharing as well as intimacy and complicity.
Having taken part in a thousand-and-one musical evenings together, the baritone Stéphane Degout and the pianist Alain Planès shared their advice and expertise with the talent, sophistication and generosity they are known for during a 10 days first workshop session at the Académie du Festival d'Aix-en-Provence in July 2018.
During the 2018-2019 season, the artists perform their recital at members venues, after a short period of coaching with Stéphane Degout:
- Festival d'Aix-en-Provence (Aix-en-Provence, France) | 10th to 19th July 2018
- Escuela Superior de Música Reina Sofía (Madrid, Spain) | 5th to 10th October 2018
- La Monnaie / De Munt (Belgium) | 13th to 15th March 2019 | with MM Academy
- Snape Maltings (United-Kingdom) | 12th to 14th April 2019
Open session with Virginie LÉONARD & Shota EZAKI on 13th April at 3pm
and Fabien HYON & Nicolas ROYEZ on 14th April at 3pm.
The application period for this workshops cycle is closed.
Louise KEMÉNY, soprano I Edward LIDDALL, pianist
Marie-Laure GARNIER, soprano I Célia ONETO BENSAID, pianist
Virginie LÉONARD, soprano I Shota EZAKI, pianist
Marielou JACQUARD, mezzo-soprano I Kunal LAHIRY, pianist
Fabien HYON, tenor I Nicolas ROYEZ, pianist
Ivan THIRION, baritone I Florent MOURIER, pianist
- the artist must be connected to one of the 13 enoa member institutions
- the artist must contact his/her sending institution, which decides if they recommend his/her application
- the hosting institution confirms the list of participants after the registration deadline
- the network assumes the responsibility for the training fees, the costs of accommodation and travel
- per-diem are paid or not according to each institution’s internal rules
Public Performances: Some work sessions (held in English) may be open to the public. The residency will give rise to public concerts and events in June and in July, in Aix-en-Provence and the surrounding area. Educational meetings will be organised in conjunction with the Festival’s Passerelles services. During the 2018-2019 season, the artists will perform their recital at a Festival d’Aix partner venue, after a short period of coaching with Stéphane Degout.
Subscription's Deadline: 15th October 2017 / subscriptions are closed
Quota: 6 duos (Singers and Pianists under 30 years old on 1st January 2018 )
SINGER AND PIANIST APPLICATIONS
1. Shortlisting via application:
• Biography / CV and photo for each artist
• Audio or video recording(s), including 1 French melodie recorded by the duo
2. Final selection on audition (Paris or New York)
• Audition programme:
– 1 French melodie
– 1 piece (melody or opera) chosen by the candidate, in French language
• PARIS | Singers: 2017, December 13
Travel expenses (hotel, transport) of the artists auditioning in Paris will be reimbursed up to a value of €180, upon presentation of supporting documents. Travel expenses will not be reimbursed for artists auditioning in the United-States.
FINANCIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Master classes, accommodation and travel fees are covered by the Festival d’Aix. Artists pay for their meals.
Reimbursements are made on proof of purchase of a 2nd class return plane or train ticket between the artist’s town/city of residence and Aix/Marseille. Reimbursements are capped by geographical area: €80 (PACA Region), €210 (whole of France), €350 (Europe / Mediterranean), €500 (outside Europe and the Mediterranean)