Restricted area accessible to the enoa partners only.
with Anthony Heidweiller
25 - 27 March 2020
The Académie du Festival d'Aix is renewing its Opéra de-ci de-là workshop, a training program that explores the strengths, the stakes, and the potential for change in the opera industry.
The program aims at training young creators and performers to create collaborative and immersive operas, in a setting that favors intercultural dialogue and interdisciplinary exchange. By investigating innovative and creative processes, the program provides young artists with the opportunity to develop short-form performances and offers them an immersive experience in the public space.
The program will be led by Anthony Heidweiller, who regularly holds workshops on artistic projects with a participatory dimension.
Workshop: March 25 — 27, 2020
Residency : June 15 — 20, 2020
Restitutions : June 19 & 20, 2020 in the framework of Aix en juin
- the artist must be connected to one of the 13 enoa member institutions*
- the artist must contact her sending institution, which decides if they recommend his application
- the artist must fill in the online form on the Academie du Festival d'Aix's website
- the hosting institution confirms the list of participants by the end of December 2019
- the network assumes the responsibility for the training fees, the costs of accommodation and travel
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to their personal situation.
*artists not connected to the network yet can also apply to this specific workshop, further details on the Académie du Festival d'Aix's website.
Shortlisting via application:
• CV (in English or in French) and photo
• Covering letter in English or in French
• Composers & Stage directors: Any items already produced that could help assess your work (score, booklet, mock-up , video, etc.) via SoundCloud, YouTube, Dropbox. Please check the links remain valid.
• Singers & Instrumentalists: audio or video recordings including an extract from a contemporary piece (end of 20th century / 21th centuries)