Restricted area accessible to the enoa partners only.
Katie Mitchell – rehearsals of Ariadne auf Naxos, Festival d’Aix-en-Provence 2018 © Pascal Victor/ArtComPress
with Katie Mitchell
01 - 05 July 2019
For the fourth year in a row, the Académie du Festival d'Aix is running an empowerment programme for female opera creators – composers, authors, directors and conductors – in the middle of their careers.
This 5-day programme is led by the director Katie Mitchell and aims to offer tools, support and advice for women working in the opera industry, in order to help them grow stronger in their art, improve their ability to communicate this art, and develop the skills needed to navigate a male-dominated profession.
All participants must have been working professionally for at least 5 years and have considerable experience in their respective field.
- the artist must be connected to one of the 13 enoa member institutions*
- the artist must contact her sending institution, which decides if they recommend her application
- the artist must fill in the online form on the Academie du Festival d'Aix's website
- the hosting institution confirms the list of participants by the end of March 2019
- the network assumes the responsibility for the training fees, the costs of accommodation and travel
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to their personal situation.
*artists not connected to the network yet can also apply to this specific workshop, further details on the Académie du Festival d'Aix's website.
Shortlisting via application:
• CV (in English) and photo
• Any items already produced that could help assess your work (score, booklet, mock-up , video, etc.) via SoundCloud, YouTube, Dropbox (please check the links remain valid until 2019, March 31st).